Monday, October 14, 2013

Franklin Street

 Is the weekend ever long enough?  There was a persistent drizzle all weekend
so it made for some frustrating, sleepy and cozy moments.

The highlight of our weekend was obviously the planetarium.  We ate at the the Loop.

Sorry no pictures since pushing a double stroller, with an umbrella, and taking a picture
 with the oversized iPhone in my undersized hands are, in fact, impossible.  Anyway,
 the pizza was so good...  Ying said so.  When I ordered the medium, the waitress was compelled
to tell me  that it was a pretty decent sized "New York style" pizza.  She obviously
doesn't know the appetite of this clan because scoping out the pizzas around
us, I was doubtful the medium would be enough.

It was... we ate all of it.  Yang outdid himself.  I know he's getting full
when he starts to act slightly drunk.  He even looked in the mirror to
admire his pepperoni eating skills.  And I'm way to excited when there are
no leftovers.

Feeling a little unstuffed, we headed to Sugarland.  Sounds like, home?



So, Ying had chocolate gelato. Easy day.  Yang ALMOST had the mango (because
it was yellow, his favorite color); HOWEVER, upon tasting it... ok he didn't
say it was gross but baby faces don't lie and that shribbled up prune face
flashed with a bright red that signaled "gross gross gross gross gross".
Just sayin.  After the waitress graciously allowed him to taste every single
color, he settled for cookies and cream but found Ying's dessert most
tasteful... not because it was chocolate but because it was hers.  And
that's why I chose not to even try.  I did get these to go.



I had macarons in Belgium in 1999 then again in Vegas in 2010.   I find them
expensive.  These were $2 per cookie.  Yep, you know what I said.  But, I
really felt like giving us the world and so there you have it.  (I'll have
to eat Chief's)  And that other thing is a sweet potato bacon cupcake.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

And what did I create?  Nothing except clean clothes, home cooked meals,
animal balloons and awesome snuggly movie time.  I did start this.



Just a little something for snacktime.

No comments:

Post a Comment