Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Check Out My Pom Poms

Well, it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month but this was totally by coincidence.
 
Ying had lots of gifts for her recent birthday, so Sunday, I made pom poms for her room with the leftover tissue paper.
 
 
 
I always feel like I'm showing my thanks and that I value "your" money when I repurpose this stuff.
 
But guess what? My aunt calls asking about "those pom poms" that I made for her son's party so that she could decorate their doctor's office in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  And of course, I was so surprised because I just made these.  Am I psychic or what?  I love being psychic and I love it when people can do my crafts themselves. Ha!
 
To make these pom poms, you will need 8 - 10 sheets of gift tissue (the more the fluffier) , a piece of wire and scissors.
1. Stack and align the tissue paper as neatly as possible.
2. Accordion fold the entire stack in 1.5 to 2 inch folds.
3. Wrap a piece of wire around the center.
4. Use really good scissors to cut a scallop on the ends. It doesn't have to be Martha perfect because nobody will be able to tell.
5. Separate the sheets.
I hung mine with my very on fishing string and a removable hook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment