Thursday, October 24, 2013

First Fun Run

You are greedy when fun run sounds like funyun.
 
I forgot all about this. Ying told me about it and I wrote it down but not in my planner.
 
She had the jitters the night before.  So did I, because I knew I'd have an unplanned day.  But I ran 2 miles on the treadmill then we ate pineapple chicken and rice, tostitos and cookies for dinner.  I also made our breakfast and packed some swedish fish for her to eat as "running gels".  She wanted to run around the house for practice and I let her to get the wiggles out and boy, did she have the wiggles.
 
She had a decent breakfast the day of the run (eggs, strawberries and yogurt juice).
 
I really wanted to make us running shirts but it was just too late.  Plus, it was at the school where apparently everyone knows her name because she is a pretty popular girl.
 
I liked how the let the lowest grades run first... the bigger kids coming after would give them company.
 
She finished .75 miles in 8 minutes and 19 seconds.
 
 
 I brought chocolate milk for her "recovery" and she had a better idea.
 

I couldn't get past the whole "funyun" thing so I had a water, wrap, onion rings and ... 
 
 
 
a pumpkin pie blizzard.  It packed more pumpkin pie taste than I expected... cinnamon and crust cookie bits made it pie-ish.
 
 OK, I've got sewing to do.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment